Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

18 March 2013

How to Crochet a Bow Brooch

Hello, today I'm going to show you how to make a crochet Bow Brooch, once you get the hang of the pattern you'll be able to tweak it to your requirements. 
To begin you'll need everything below, the yarn I used was Rico Essential Cotton DK but you can use any yarn you find easy to crochet with, it only uses a small amount. 
If you wish to use a different size hook feel free, I choose the most appropriate for the yarn.
Work the pattern flat in 2 pieces.
Piece one: Chain 36, DC(double crochet) into 2nd chain in row until the end, and turn work over.
Chain 1, DC in 2nd loop on first row and repeat till end, turn. 
Continue this pattern until you have 9 rows, cast off.
Piece two: Chain 13, DC in 2nd chain and until end turn work over.
Chain 1, DC into 2nd loop and then DC until end, turn work, repeat pattern and cast off.
You should have 2 pieces of crochet as below.
Bend the first piece in half and join the ends either by sewing with darning needle or crocheting along the seem. Use any left over thread to wind around the centre of the bow and tie off, you won't be able to see this thread at the end but it helps give the bow a solid centre.At this point I sew on the brooch back, keeping it centred but not covering it too much or else it won't close properly.Then use the smaller piece to wrap round the centre of the bow in a loop and cover the attachment of the brooch back. Stitch the ends together at the back using small stitches as below, this covers any work up and makes everything...

There you go, you should have your very own Bow Brooch. Well done. 


If you don't fancy making your own you'll be able to buy them in my shop soon, or if want a huge one or a different colour made, please drop me line. 
I hope you liked my first crochet make, please let me know if you make your own by leaving a link in the comments below.


8 comments:

  1. Loved this post amanda and the pretty little bow!! So sweet xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased a pattern to make a similar bow, but yours is so much cuter and easier and it's free! I absolutely love it and you directions and pictures make it very easy! Thank you so very much for this cute little bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever you are, you just really made my day. Thank you.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this pattern. I had an e-mail from my children's school tonight saying that they needed a bow tie for Monday. I have made two tonight - 1 black and 1 yellow. One more to go tomorrow. I shall put photographs on my blog and link back to you. I shall also put the link on here for you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking back, it's lovely to know people are making use of my little pattern. I can't wait to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1/12/13 19:56

      http://wp.me/p2g5ns-MM it is a great pattern :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the bow pattern. I'm going to put the first one I've made on a hat for my 2 year-old granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Carol, I'd love to see a photo of the finished product :-D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...